Cars for Homes
Car donations to Habitat’s Cars for Homes™ program are made quick and easy. Call 1-877-277-HFHI (4344) toll free or donate your car online.
Donating your car and processing the donation
- Car donations are processed by Advanced Remarketing Services, Inc, Habitat for Humanity International's authorized national agent.
- All types of vehicles are accepted. You can donate automobiles, trucks, RVs, boats, airplanes, farm and construction equipment.
- Donors provide information and answer questions about the vehicle they wish to donate, including the make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN#) and current mileage.
- Most whole vehicles with proper title information are accepted, unless the costs of processing and towing fees exceed the auction value of the vehicle. In that case, it will not be accepted.
- After acceptance of the vehicle donation, donors are provided instructions for processing the vehicle's title. Assistance is also available if the vehicle's title cannot be located. At the end of the online vehicle donation system, donors can print forms to complete the process.
- Arrangements are then made to have the title processed and the donor is contacted to coordinate vehicle and key pick up by a fully licensed and insured member of Advanced Remarketing Services's network of service providers.
- The donated vehicle is processed and sold on behalf on Habitat for Humanity.
- Donors receive an acknowledgement letter thanking them for their support and providing vehicle donation information. This letter may be used as a receipt for tax deduction purposes, if the donor itemizes deductions.
Helping end poverty housing
Net proceeds generated by your car donation are directed to your local Habitat for Humanity affiliate and, through the affiliate tithe, to help eliminate poverty housing and homelessness throughout the world.
For more information about Habitat for Humanity's Cars for HomesTM vehicle donation program, please email: email@example.com .